Frequently Asked Questions
Saturday November 28, 2020


50 Church Street, Windsor Locks, CT 06096

Where is the Park Office located?
The Park Office is located in the Town Hall building at 50 Church Street.

What are the Park Office registration hours?
The Park Office is open daily for program registration, Monday thru Wednesday, from 8:00 am until 4:00 pm, Thursday from 8:00 am to 6:00 pm and Friday from 8:00 am to 1:00 pm.  Note:  some programs may have specific advertised regisrrations dates and times.

What are the phone numbers for the Park Office, Pesci pool, Pesci pavilion, ASC and BASC?
To contact the Park Office, call 627-1420. During the summer, there are direct lines to Pesci Park. To call the pool house, the number is 627-1422. The pavilion, used by Day Camp, can be reached at 627-1423. Please note that the last two numbers are seasonal; for summer use only. If you need to contact the After School Club at South Elementary School, that cell phone number is 796-5990. If you need the Before and After School Club at North Street School, that cell phone number is 335-8767.

When are brochures distributed?
Twice a year, the Park and Recreation Department publishes a newsletter highlighting upcoming programs. Typically, those newsletters are sent out to every household in Windsor Locks in March and July.

How do I register for a program?
The answer depends on the program. For programs like Aerobics, Yoga and Martial Arts, you can register at the first session with the instructor by providing a completed registration form and the fee for the program. For programs like our Fall and Spring Swimming Lessons, Playgroups, or Gymnastics, you can register by submitting a completed registration form and payment at the Park Office during Registration Hours or thru the mail. For our After School Club programs, you would need to talk to the director of that program and should there be openings, submit the completed registration forms, two-week deposit and the first week’s fees to get started. For the remaining programs, like Fall Soccer and Recreational Basketball, we offer several evening signups to provide everyone the opportunity to register on time. If those evenings are not convenient, you may fill out the appropriate form and submit it to the Park Office during Registration Hours or by the mail.  For information on a specific program, check this website or call the Park Office.

When may I register for programs?
In most cases, registration for programs opens as soon as the newsletters are sent out. For some programs, specific registration information may be given; check the program information in the newsletter. Registration Hours for the Park Office are Monday thru Wednesday from 8:00 am to 4:00 pm, Thursday from 8:00 am to 6:00 pm and Friday from 8:00 am to 1:00 pm.

What happens if I register for a program late?
Please note, registration for programs closes one week before the start date which means mail-in registrations must also be received one week prior to the start date. If you register late, for some programs, there is a additional late fee. Because we will cancel programs with insufficient enrollment, if you register late, your program may no longer be available. There is also the possibility that the program is full, so you may need to contact the Park Office to see if a late registration is possible.

Will I receive confirmation for mail-in program registration?
Usually, there is a call to confirm mail-in registrations. However, if you don’t hear from the office, please feel free to call and verify that we did receive your information.

Can non-residents attend programs?
Some programs are for Windsor Locks residents only, like our Recreational Basektball and Fall Soccer programs. Some programs will accept out of town participants if there is space available at the end of registration. Please call the Park Office or check this website for specific program information.

What is done for returned checks?
If a check is returned due to insufficient funds, we will require that payment be made by money order, bank check or cash prior to be allowed to participate in the program that the original check was written for.

How will I know if a program is cancelled?
You will be called if a program is cancelled due to insufficient enrollment. You will be issued a refund.

What types of scholarships are available?
For most programs, there is some financial aid available. To apply for aid, contact the Park Office for the appropriate form.

How do I request a refund?
Refunds will be issued if they are requested in writing prior to the start of the program.

How do I know if a program is cancelled due to inclement weather?
For programs held in Windsor Locks school buildings, our programs will be canceled if school has been cancelled or released early. If the program is held on the weekend, Channel 3 WFSB for the cancellation of Windsor Locks Recreation programs.

What are the signs a field should be closed?
Fields will be closed if there is standing water, if it has rained for most of the day, or if lightening is present.

What do I do if an item might be in lost and found?
There are several places to check when an item goes missing. First, check with your child's coach or your program coordinator. If the program was held in a building, check at that location. If the program was held at a field, you can contact Public Works. You can also call our office, we do have a lost and found box which contains many items.

What are the rules and regulations for the parks?
To view the rules and regulations, go to the Parks and Facilities page. Additional rules may be posted at each park.

Which parks allow dogs?
Dogs are allowed at all parks as long as they are leashed and owners clean up after their animals. Dog owners should remember that children, and adults, play in these areas!

Is alcohol permitted in the parks?
Per park ordinances, alcohol is not allowed on park grounds.

Are there any swimming pools?
There are two pools in Windsor Locks. Pesci Park is home to an outdoor pool which is open from mid-June until mid-August. Windsor Locks High School houses the town's indoor pool. For information on pool programs, view the Aquatic Programs webpage.

Where do I get a pool pass?
Summer pool passes can be purchased at Pesci Pool.

Are the tennis courts at the high school available to the public at night?
Yes, the tennis courts are lighted and available for public use. There is a button which activates the lights. Lights will go out at 10:00 pm.

Where can I go to ice-skate?
If the weather permits, the pavilion at Veteran's Memorial Park will be flooded to create an ice rink. The hours for the rink are Sunday thru Thursday until 8:00 pm and Friday and Saturday until 9:00 pm.

How do I request the use of a facility?
To request the use of a park or facility, email the Parks and Recreation Director at [email protected].  Be sure to include the following information:  name, address, telephone number, Park being requested, date of the event, start time, end time,  approximate number of people attending, purpose of the event.  If additional information is required, someone from the Park Office will contact you.  Once your request has been reviewed you will be notified with your request approval or denial.

What is the cost for renting a facility?
Usage and fee information can be found on the Park and Facility webpage.

What do I need to do to apply for employment?
The Park and Recreation Department staffs a number of programs each season. In most cases, employees must be at least 16 years of age. If you are interested in working in one of the programs, complete an Employment Form and drop it off at the Park Office.

What do I do if my group would like to participate in your Summer Concert Series?
Typically, Park and Recreation hosts eight summer concerts. If your group is interested in performing, submit a demo cd and band information to the Park Office.

How do I sponsor or donate toward a special event?
The Park and Recreation Department has a number of ways an individual or business can donate. Opportunities include, but are not limited to, sponsoring a child to a week of camp, helping to support the Summer Concert Series, or contibuting items for our after school clubs and special events. There is always a way to help!

How do I volunteer?
Please contact the Park Office for volunteer opportunities.

How do I start a new program?
If you have ideas for a new program, contact the Park Director and discuss your concept with him.

Who do I contact to report a maintenance problem at a park or playground?
If there is a broken item or maintenance you feel needs to be done, call the Public Works department to report the problem.

My organization or I would like to make an improvement at a local park site. How can I/we find out how to do so?
If you, or your organization, has an idea for an improvement, put that concept in writing and send it to the attention of the Park Commission. If additional information is required, you may be asked to attend a Park Commission meeting.

Upcoming Events


12.01.2020 6:00 pm - 7:00 pm


12.07.2020 7:00 pm - 8:00 pm


12.10.2020 5:30 pm - 7:30 pm


12.14.2020 7:00 pm - 9:00 pm


12.15.2020 6:00 pm - 7:00 pm

Hidden Heroes Registration infographic


online permits

Firefox is the recommended browser to use with the Online Permitting system.



Pay Taxes



property lookup orig