Vital Records
Friday October 19, 2018


50 Church Street, Windsor Locks, CT 06096






Trade Name Certificates


Connecticut State Law requires that anyone conducting business under an assumed name (DBA) must file a Trade Name Certificate in the town clerk’s office in the town where business is being conducted.

All people who are authorized to sign on behalf of the business must sign their name on the Trade Name Certificate.

A Trade Name Certificate may be obtained from the Town Clerk’s office.  Once it is completed with the business name and address, and the owner’s name and address, it must be notarized by a Notary or Town Clerk.  It is then filed in the Town Clerk’s office with a $5 recording fee.

The trade name filing requirement does not apply to:

        - Partnerships, if the partnership name contains the true last name of at least one of the persons comprising said partnership;

        - Limited partnerships which have registered with the Secretary of State;

        - Limited liability companies which have registered with the Secretary of State

For additional information please refer to Connecticut General~Statutes Sec.~35-1.

If you require any additional information or would like more information about starting a business in Connecticut, please contact the CONNECTICUT LICENSING INFO CENTER at1-800-392-2122.









online permits



Pay Taxes